If you were creating a user interface in which the user chooses to display or arrange different windows, you would name the menu Windows.
The Documents menu is a drop-down menu listing all the active documents
- the user can be informed about any long running activity that is occurring.
Steps to create a user control:
• Overrides for common System.Object methods (Equals() - check for ctrl id, GetHashCode(), and ToString())
• Event notification for the process of closing
public event EventHandler OnClose;
• Event notification when the current user’s principal object is changed
protected internal virtual void OnCurrentPrincipalChanged();
public event EventHandler CurrentPrincipalChanged;
GetIdValue() method -- returns a unique identifier for the instance of the user control.
Client application configuration file (App.config):
- Naming the file App.config is important. VS .NET will automatically copy the file into the appropriate bin directory, changing the name to match that of the program.
- you provide connection strings
- you can manage the authentication:
The main region of the form should contain a Panel control:
- resizing events can be handled more easily
- hosting process can be simplified
Use controls data binding capabilities.